Monday, January 19, 2009

Re-creating source code, epilogue

So, what's the status of the DeSmet 2.51 recreation?

As of Jan 19, 2009:

The C88 souce has been recreated, compiled, and code equivalency (it's not identical, unfortunately) has been verified.

The GEN source is a work in progress. GEN has actually changed a lot between the versions (GEN was given the ability to generate object code directly, not just assembly), and backtracking it is tedious. That, and our cats (ok, that last page is very out of date. But it gives you an idea...) and work are taking a lot of time.

ASM88 has also changed, but I expect the changes to be fairly minor.

BIND has changed, but again I expect the changes to be fairly minor.

I really need to get off my ass and post at least the C88 source I worked so hard on...

No comments: