Wednesday, December 3, 2008

And if you think that's bad...

As I mentioned before, sometimes my programming doesn't sit well with my employer.

It's not because I'm a bad programmer (at least I think so), but other people may have other opinions.

But what if you were trying to write bad code? What if you were trying to confuse, confound, and mislead someone else?

In that case, you should enter the IOCCC (The International Obfuscated C Code Contest). Look over the past winners, and see if your code is legendary.

2 comments:

pebbles said...

I could never be an actual programmer.

Seems my mind tends to draw from a lexicon of obfuscated logic and is generally, poorly coded.

I could imagine most of my work being submitted, there.

Bill said...

A few years ago, someone was looking at my code and suddenly announced "you use C as a shorthand for assembly!" as if they had suddenly found the rosetta stone.

Of course I write that way. That's what C was designed for, and I was an assembly programmer long before I was a C programmer.