Monday, October 19, 2009

Back to work...

no, not you. Me.

About a week and a half ago I received an email from someone who sent me the source to Intel's AEDIT (of which SEE, the editor that came with DeSmet-C, is a clone). He is setting up a website about SEE, and both wanted me to have the AEDIT source (written in PL/M) and to have me "tidy-up" the DeSmet C pages in advance of being spidered by search engines for the new page.

So, this finally got me to get off my duff and post the DeSmet 2.51 C88 reconstruction I had done.

Though, if anyone wants to make a better DeSmet C page, I won't say no...

Also, I've started back in on the 2.51 GEN reconstruction I had started and not finished. This, as I anticipated, is more complex than the C88 reconstruction, as GEN had undergone more changes, both to support "large case" (i.e. large memory model) and to support direct generation of object code (no intermediate assembly language file).

I'm between 1/3 and 1/2 finsished, and plowing through. It's a bit worrysome, though, that I have several functions that I have yet to discover names for. This is probably due to routines that were subsumed by other functions, but it will mean that I have to "guess" names and code structure, which will make the reconstruction less useable. Hopefully I'll find the equivalent later code...

No comments: