Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Upcoming events...

Tomorrow, I run a 10K in the morning, and have Thanksgiving dinner in the afternoon.

On Monday, I board a plane for a warm, sunny destination.

And, as a followup to Apple Update, I have bought a PMP -- a Viewsonic VPD400. 800x480 4.3" screen, plenty of CPU horsepower, lots of codecs. Only 8GB of flash, but it takes MicroSCHC cards so I can carry all the video I can afford...

I would have preferred the VPD500 (5" screen, 16GB of flash), but while it has been announced it is not yet available.

And, for the curious, it's a lot like the Onda 535 (Yah, that's the 545, not 535. I couldn't find a link to the 535, but they are the same in all respects except a 5" screen on the 545). I considered the Onda545 (or even the 797, with a 7" screen!) but
    1) I'd prefer a brand name (and vendor) that was better known in the USA
    2) I was not sure that mp4nation could deliver in time.

And if you are interested in other PMP info, check out PMP Today.

No comments: