Monday, March 30, 2009

Movie overload...

This week (well, actually starting on March 26 and going through April 6th) is the Philadelphia Film Festival. Time to overload on movies!

So far, I've seen 5 movies (Moon,
I Sell the Dead, Before the Fall, 20th Century Boys, and 20th Century Boys Chapter Two), and my wife has seen 7 (the above, plus Hunger and The Other One).

So far, we're actually a bit disappointed. We would not have seen 20th Century Boys (and Chapter Two) if we had known that it is the start of a trilogy and the 3rd movie has not been released yet, and after seeing the first two I'm not sure it's worth the time to see the third (my wife definately thinks this).

Moon was technically good with great visuals, but my opinion is that just because an idea is new to you doesn't mean that it's a new idea.

I Sell the Dead was OK, and had a sense of humor about itself.

Before the fall could not decide if it was an "end of the world" picture or a "psycho killer" picture. I understand how these two ideas are supposed to play off each other in the movie, but it left things unfocused. Grim and gritty, I liked it but my wife found it was so grim that she couldn't decide if she liked it or not.

No comments: